I have permission from the "Belleville Times" newspaper to copy word for word on my web page. The article you are about to read is from April 16, 1998. It is on page 8. The article was written by me (Mike Dowd) in "Your Opinion". The article has been modified a bit. NOTE Belleville Times is no longer under Orechio Publication. North Jersey Newspaper now owns Belleville Times.
"MS Tour Is On"
To the editor:
* My goal for National Multiple Sclerosis for 1998 in $2,000.
* I decided this goal after reaching over my goal in 1997. I am right now at $506.50 as of April 6th.
* Would you like to help me reach my goal? There are six stores that are happy to hold "Big Mike Dowd" MS-170 Collection Pledge Bottles.
* Drop any amount in the bottle. You may also write out a check.
* Write it out to the National Multiple Sclerosis Society and put it in an envelope and into the bottle.
* The stores that have the bottles are: Sunsational Tan, The Chiropractic Wellness Center, Happy Daze, Shoppers Express, Corbo & Marbach's and Joey's Pizzeria.
* If your store would like to help collect pledges for Multiple Sclerosis Society with bottles. Then please drop a note in one of the bottles in any store listed.
* Thanks to all owners and managers for letting me put the collection pledges bottles in their stores. Also, thanks to Howard Klausner, the editor, for printing all the information for your readers.
* Keep up to date about the pledges I collected and about the bike tour coming up May 16th and 17th. Go on the web at URL http://pages.prodigy.com/airwaves.
* If you want to know more about the National Multiple Sclerosis Society, you can call 1-800-FIGHT MS or go to the world wide web homepage at http://www.nmss.org.
* Next time, I will write in the Belleville Times will be after the MS-170 bike tour. I'll let you all know how much I raised and what happened from the bike tour.>
Big Mike Dowd